The blog contains society news and activities. You are welcome to comment on the pages. Find out more at: tottonartsociety.org and Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/134056857189218/

Sunday, October 2, 2022

UPDATE FROM TERESA ROGERS

Autumn Sunshine
Teresa's completed painting 

 I had a lovely time with you all this week and have called the painting Autumn Sunshine. I decided to keep the background more muted and added in some light coming through the trees. The patterning in this painting has also been toned down as the painting moved towards being less abstract and more representational. I was going to put a bird in the painting and may still add one, but I will live with the painting for a while before making any more changes.

The best place to see my work and catch up with where I am exhibiting is Instagram  @teresarogersartist.

Find details of Teresa's workshops in Redlynch at:

https://teresarogersart.com/workshops-and-demonstrations/


Materials

The background was done with watercolour inks Dr PH, they are very concentrated so they were put into small spray bottles 1 part ink to 4 parts water. I also used watercolour brush pens (Arteza). 

I used stencils, homemade and bought ones which had random patterns. 
Subsequent layers were painted in with Golden Open Acrylics which are smooth and fairly transparent.and work well with watercolours. The sky was added in with System 3 acrylics.

Posca pens were used to paint in fine details and I also used white gel pen for really fine detail. (from WH Smiths)

Teresa Rogers



No comments: